We have been advised of the following road closures in the next few weeks:
Station Road, Hook, will be closed for gas installation works from 25th May 2019 for approx. one week.
If you have any queries regarding the above please contact TriConnex Ltd on 01376 332688 or Hampshire County Council on 0300 555 1388.
The A30 London Road will be closed at Murrell Green, Hook, for overnight telecom works from 1st June 2019 - 22:00pm 1/6 to 20:00pm 2/6 approx.
If you have any queries regarding the above please contact Commhoist Ltd on 01942 269335 or Hampshire County Council on 0300 555 1388.
Redlands Lane, Hillside, Odiham will be closed for works on behalf of BT from 3rd June 2019 for approx. two weeks only.
If you have any queries regarding the above please contact A-Plant Lux Traffic Control on 0370 050 0792 or Hampshire County Council on 0300 555 1388.
Diversion information available under recent documents
The Parish Assembly on Wednesday 15th May featured a talk on the Greywell Moors Nature Reserve by Ian Stoneman, reserves officer with the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust. Greywell Moors scores as a top ranking nature conservation site for its flora (including 6 species of orchid) and invertebrates (these include dragonflies). The fen it contains is the habitat type which has seen more loss than any other and so is a conservation priority. Old trees are being re-coppiced or pollarded in the removal of the woodland which has encroached across the fen areas. Ponds and scrapes are being created to increase the open water and tree cover increased outside the fen areas by planting open woodland in adjacent grassland. If you would like more information or a visit to the reserve (which is normally closed to the public) please contact Ian (his email is Ian.Stoneman@hiwwt.org.uk).
Please see attached the 2019 newsletter for Greywell Parish Council which was circulated at the Parish Assembly on Wednesday 15th May.
Please be aware of the following local road closures from 29th April:
1. Deptford Lane will be closed for works on behalf of BT from 29th April 2019 for approx. three days. If you have any queries regarding the above please contact Hire-A-Lite Ltd on 0844 332 9009 or Hampshire County Council on 0300 555 1388.
2. Odiham - King Street will be closed from 29th April 2019 and Hillside from 3rd May 2019 - both closures are for works on behalf of BT for approx. one to two days only. If you have any queries regarding the above please contact A-Plant Lux Traffic Control on 0370 050 0792 or Hampshire County Council on 0300 555 1388.
3. Crondall - Dippenhall Road will be closed for works on behalf of SGN from 29th April 2019 for approx. two months. If you have any queries regarding the above please contact SGN on 02392 624120 or Hampshire County Council on 0300 555 1388.
Diversion maps available under Recent Documents tab
RAF Odiham will hold its annual Families Day on Thursday 25th July 2019. This day is an opportunity for the Station to thank those who stand so steadfastly behind the Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen and Airwomen from RAF Odiham when their loved ones are deployed on combat operations overseas. On this day, the local community will notice a significant increase in aircraft activity, with Chinook helicopters flying wide circuits from the airfield all morning and aircraft performing displays in the afternoon; I would particularly ask those with horses and livestock to note that this will include fast jet activity.
Basingstoke Canal Society Chairman has issued the following letter updating on the status of the canal and calling for new volunteers.
I am asking for your help in protecting our wonderful canal
You will be aware that the Canal faces a major challenge in that the councils have severe budgetary constraints and discussions are underway as to how to fund and manage the Canal going forward. However in the meantime it becomes all the more important for members to help us support the canal :
• by raising the profile of the canal and getting the Community and local businesses fully involved
• by helping to promote and raise funds for our improvement projects for the benefit of walkers, canoeists, cyclists and other boat owners
So how can you help? Quite simply we particularly need support on:
1. Local Events: we need help to organise and/or man the stand at local events (see below). In particular we urgently need help in organising our annual Raft Race in Odiham on 1st September
2. Marketing and Promotional ideas: we need ideas and initiatives to involve the local community. Lots of you have experience in this area so please give us a call and tell us what you may be able to do
3. Fundraising: we are looking for support in attracting donations and legacies and finding fresh ways of raising funds
4. Planning and Projects: work as part of a team to help put in place some of our exciting projects
5. Boat Bookings: we urgently need help on bookings and handling enquiries. This can be flexible working from home as part of a team
We have lots of other volunteer roles available but the above are critical to help us protect and develop the canal. All of the roles are extremely flexible, and working as part of a team it is great fun and very rewarding
I cannot overstate that it is vital that we get the support – we had fantastic volunteer input during the 20 years that it took to restore the canal and we need that support now. Without it our beautiful Canal will be at risk. So please let us know how you can help
To find out more about helping with the above please email email@example.com or ring 07850 652769
We look forward to hearing from you
Basingstoke Canal Society"